Intrigued by the financial sector? Passionate about software? We are hiring.
We want people who are willing to work hard, share their ideas, learn from their colleagues, take initiative to get things done without being told, and aren’t afraid to ask questions. Think you fit the bill? Join us now.
How We Work
Your office in the cloud · Everyone works from their own home or office for most of the time, and we’re spread out all over Europe — England (office in London), Scotland (office in Stirling) Germany and The Netherlands. We make extensive use of online collaboration tools to make you feel at our office despite the distance. We care about the work you produce, not just the hours you put in.
Travel · We regularly need to perform activities at our customer’s premises so a regular amount of travel will be required.
Meeting up · We get the whole team together a few times per year to brainstorm the broad strategy for the company for the coming months, and also to enjoy the company of the people we work with all day.
Junior Software Developer and Tester
We are looking for someone to join our FinTech team and work on extending our core banking platform’s suite of automated regression tests. We use Behaviour Driven Development (BDD) and are currently working through a backlog of requirements which we are converting to test features. The tasks will involve writing test features and scenarios as well as PHP code to implement test automation. For this, we are looking for someone who is interested in testing and test automation and knows PHP, a software tester at heart.
Here are some essential skills:
- Education. Computing, engineering, sciences or mathematics degree.
- Technical skills. Knowledge of PHP and web technologies is useful but not mandatory.
- Customer facing skills. Must be comfortable with customer-facing roles including support and documentation.
- Great communication skills. We’re a distributed team, so frequent and clear written communication is a must.
- Self-driven work ethic. You need to be a self-starter who loves taking initiative and seeing things through to completion. We’re a startup with a small team so you need to be comfortable in working in such a setup.
- Curiosity and the desire to learn. Our business is changing and growing fast, who knows what will be the skills of tomorrow? Flexibility is key.
- Competitive package.
- We cover all costs of company travel.
- We happily provide or reimburse hardware and software you’ll need, as well as books or conferences that promote continued learning.
How to apply
If you feel you might be the best person in the world for this job please fill in this form telling us about yourself and attach a CV. Include the title of the position you’re applying for and your name in the subject. We try to reply back as soon as possible.